The spring bank holiday, also known as the Summer Half-Term Monday, is a time for people in the United Kingdom to have a day off work or school. It falls on the last Monday of May but it used to be on the Monday after Pentecost.
- Statutory bank holiday from 1971, following a trial period from 1965 to 1971
- Replaced Whit Monday, which had been a public holiday since 1871, and whose date varied according to the date of Easter
- Most schools fix a minimum of a week’s break to coincide, giving the alternative name
- The legislation does not specify a name for the holiday, merely when it occurs
When is Spring Bank Holiday ?
- Spring Bank Holiday in 2023 is on Monday, 29-May, 2023.
- Spring Bank Holiday in 2022 was on Thursday, 02-June, 2022.
- Spring Bank Holiday in 2021 was on Monday, 31-May, 2021.
Check all the historical dates for Spring Bank Holiday in below table.
|. Spring Bank Holiday .|